Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy Birthday

Well....last week was my birthday, and it was one of those "9" ones, so I thought that I needed so reflection and goals and a plan of action before that next one that ends in a ZERO.
My weight has always been a struggle for me. I have never been thin, I was always "big boned" as I used to be called, and after having three kids, it has only gotten worse, to the point where I feel that I can't go on this way, so I have started really working on it with a friend as my moral support and guidance. But at the same time, I need to be able to vent, to write out the feelings and deal with the reasons behind why I ate in the first place. I already had this blog, "Notes from a TAMM creation" and I thought about here, but I am not sure. I was thinking of this being for family and a little business, but at the same time I can't grow my business if I don't take care of myself, and my weight is a big issue that I need to take care of for me to be able to have the engery and desire to grow the business. So for now, at least, I am going to post on here about the journey. I may well move the whole weight loss topic somewhere else, but I'll start here. Well, after thinking about it...I decided that it needed it's own space, so "My Weight Loss Journey" was born and will be about the weight loss.

Daily Calander thought for today: comes from a daily calander called "The Power of a Praying Woman".....Your relationship with the Lord must always have top priority over everything else. The Lord said, "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exdous 20:3), and He means it. God wants your undivided attention.

Well, this is relevant to me in a big way today, because alot of times I put food before God. I eat when I am sad, when I am happy, when I am depressed or not feeling quite right...I used (and do use, but am working on that) food to cover a variety of emotions. I turn to food when I find myself in need instead of turning to God. How am I going to concore this? I don't know. Alot of prayer and support for starters, but it is going to be a long journey with ups and downs and yet I have to make a start

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, that's very inspiring, I hope to do basically the same thing. Keep on blogging!