Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Different Kind of Hunger

Bible Verse : Let them thank the Lord. For he satidfies the thirsty, and the hungry he fills with good things. - Psalm 107:8,9

Devotional:
Recently I saw Norman Rockwell's painting Freedom from Want. It reminded me tht the world is full of people starving for all kinds of things.

I'm starving for something I've thought was unreachable. i try to satisfy my inner longings with food when what i really want is love, or appreciation, or independence, or maybe even fame. And I don't know how to get those things. I'm not even sure howto pray for them.

But today, with God's help, I'm going to make one move toward one of my desires: I'll start to write that poem, or tell someone I need them, or make the phone call that will start me toward my goal. And if tomorrow I eat instead, I won't hate myself; I'll just pray again and try once more to achieve freedom from want.

For further reflection: Write down some of the things you long for, and decide what small move you can make toward achieving one of them. When you make that move, check that item off and decide on another. Keep this list current.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, help me to identfy what I really want, and tech me how to reach for it. Amen.

This is so true! I want so much, but I fail to try for them because I am afraid to fail, and right now I can hide behind my weight as the reason I don't try, but if I lose the weight then if I fail it is all on me not the weight. I want to be happy, I want to like myself, I want to be fully loved, I want to go out with friends, and not feel like they are watching what I eat, or are embarrased to be seen with me. i want to go out with my husband and not feel like people are thinking what is he doing with the fat chick. I want to have the engery to play with my kids, I want to be an example to them, I don;t want them teased because they have a fat mom. I want, I want.....I want to like myslef! Just once I want to be happy with me, who I am right now....I have to do this! I am NEVER going to be happy or feel good about myself at this weight, and who says I'll fail if I lose the weight...I might just be a better mom, wife, housekeeper, friends etc when I lose the weight.
I was made in God's imagine, I am perfect and I can be the person he wants me to be, but only with his help! Am I ready to give him the control and try???
YES! I want him to help me to reach the place that he wants me to be and to use me to his glory!

No comments: