Friday, November 16, 2007

November 12th - Thought for the Day

We must look to God for approval and acceptance and not to people. If God does not have the first place in our hearts, we are constantly fearing man.
The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe. Proverbs 29:25


Why or why do I always feel the need to be accepted by other people, to have then validate that I am a good person or a good mom or a good wife or pretty or anything else. Why is my self-esteem so low that I can't trust in God that I am ok, that I feel the need to consantaly look for it in other people. Why can't I listen to what he has to say?
I think because when God accepts me I don't get that instent and verbal, yes you are ok. When you ask another person, they tel lyou right then and there.

I need to focus on God's approval and accpetance. If I can do that, I can lose the weight and feel better about my self, and not slip off into depression so often!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!