Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thought for the Day, October 4th

So many of us live with depression and accept it without even realizing it. The good news is that God doesn't want us to live with these feelings. He wants us to have the joy of the Lord rise in us and chase away spirits of heaviness. God wants us to cry out to Him so He can lift us out of depression.

Depart from me, all you workers if iniquity; for the lord has heard the voice of my weeping. The Lord has heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer.
Psalm 6:8-9

After posting that I wanted to get back into this, and my struggle with weight being tied to my depression and the cycle is causes, I flip my calander and find this is my thought for the day!
The Lord provides in the most mysterious ways!! Here I was just complaining about the depression only to be reminded that God is able and willing to make it all go away, IF I will turn to him. If I will lay it out into his hands, turn it over to him and let him have control he will take care of me and provide me a way out of the depression and the cycle that I am in!
Oh it is so much easier to say (write in this case) than to actually do. To turn it all over to God implies in this world that i am lacking, that I can't do for myself, I am not good enough...but that is not the case at all. God is my heavenly Father and he wants nothing more than to give me everything good and perfect if I will only follow Him and allow Him to lead me. If I really want to lose the weight and stop fighting the depression all I have to do is let Him have it, he can take care of it! Oh the relief to turn it over to God!!

No comments: