Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Daily Thought - July 11

Holiness means living in the Spirit and not in the flesh. Pray that God will help you to live in the Spirit and not the flesh.

For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
-Romans 8:5

How true is this of those of us struggling with our weight? I know that when I focus on my faith and God and start my days with prayer, I feel better about myself and I don't crave the comfort of food the way I do on the days that I don't start with God.
You'd think that it would be easy to remember that and to make sureto start everyday with God, but it isn't. I'm human, and in that respect sinful, and I would rather sleep the extra 30 minutes than get up early and spend the time with God. I'm not alone! There are many of you out there that do the same thing.
Now the question....are you ready to change? I know that I am! I can't continue this way, because it hurts too much! I hate myself and the way I look, but there is no magic pill out there, it will take hard work and I have to do it for myself and my family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the posts that keep God in the center of your weight loss. In Him, all things are possible!
You have been tagged. Join the fun!